- The Handbook of Texas Online: Hernandez v. State of Texas
- The Handbook of Texas Online: Gustavo C. Garcia
- “Jury Bias Put to High Court,” by Sarah McClendon, San Antonio Light, Jan. 12, 1954. The only news story filed by a reporter who was present at the Supreme Court when Carlos Cadena and Gus Garcia argued the case.
- State Bar of Texas LRE Website
- Texas Young Lawyers Association
- Texas Citizen Bee
11th Grade U.S. History Standards:
US.9J The student is expected to describe how Sweatt v. Painter and Brown v. Board of Education played a role in protecting the rights of the minority during the civil rights movement.
US.20A The student is expected to analyze the effects of landmark U.S. Supreme Court decisions, including Plessy v. Ferguson, Brown v. Board of Education, Hernandez v. Texas, Tinker v. Des Moines, and Wisconsin v. Yoder.