- FindLaw Supreme Court Center: Landmark Decisions
- The Oyez Project at IIT Chicago-Kent College of Law, Marbury v. Madison (1803)
- Cornell University School of Law Legal Information Institute
- U.S. History: A Federalist Stronghold: John Marshall’s Supreme Court
- National Archives: Marbury v. Madison, Show Cause Order Served on James Madison, Secretary of State, 1802
- State Bar of Texas LRE Website
- Texas Young Lawyers Association
- Texas Citizen Bee
- “Equal Justice Under Law” series, a production of The Judicial Conference of the United States, 1977 Marbury v. Madison (video)
8th Grade U.S. History TEKS Standards:
8.5G The student is expected to analyze the reasons for the removal and resettlement of Cherokee Indians during the Jacksonian era, including the Indian Removal Act, Worcester v. Georgia, and the Trail of Tears.
8.18B The student is expected to summarize the issues, decisions, and significance of landmark Supreme Court cases, including Marbury v. Madison, McCulloch v. Maryland, and Gibbons v. Ogden.
8.18C The student is expected to evaluate the impact of the landmark Supreme Court decision Dred Scott v. Sandford on life in the United States.