- Cornell University Law School Legal Information Institute
- Texas State Historical Association — Sweatt v. Painter
- PBS.org — Beyond Brown: For Educators
- Sweatt v. Painter — TarltonGuides at Tarleton Law Library, University of Texas School of Law
- State Bar of Texas LRE Website
- Texas Young Lawyers Association
- Texas Citizen Bee
11th Grade U.S. History Standards:
US.9J The student is expected to describe how Sweatt v. Painter and Brown v. Board of Education played a role in protecting the rights of the minority during the civil rights movement.
US.20A The student is expected to analyze the effects of landmark U.S. Supreme Court decisions, including Plessy v. Ferguson, Brown v. Board of Education, Hernandez v. Texas, Tinker v. Des Moines, and Wisconsin v. Yoder.